5. Explore! Did you know you can follow people on other Mastodon instances? Try the search feature, or browse the federated timeline. Did you know there are mobile apps for every platform? Just search for Mastodon clients, and login with your account here (@[email protected]).
Do you know someone who would make an excellent addition to best head? You can send invitations to get them in the door! Just check your settings menu!
3. Follow some people. You can check the member directory, scan the #introductions or topical hashtags, and browse the posts in the local and federated timelines.
4. Join the conversation, or even better, start one! What are you working on today? What's the best thing you've read watched or heard recently?
Welcome! Make yourself at home. Luxuriate, only briefly, at the tantalizing potential of a blank page. Then get started:
1. Toot an introduction with the #introduction hashtag. Who are you? Where are you? What do you do?
2. Set up your profile. Show us your lovely mug. Add topic hashtags to your bio to be listed in our directory. Add links to your other profiles.
Twitter Has Started Researching Whether White Supremacists Belong on Twitter: "People have been raising the alarm about this for literally years now." https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywy5nx/twitter-researching-white-supremacism-nationalism-ban-deplatform?utm_source=vicenewstwitter #twitter #deplatforming
Editor & Publisher Magazine features Masthead.social, a @Mastodon instance dedicated to journalists and media makers: https://www.editorandpublisher.com/a-section/look-ahead-masthead-is-a-social-media-platform-that-moves-content-creators-away-from-twitter/ #mastodon #mastodonproject #journalism #media @Gargron
Learning Hawaii's history may be key to avoiding cultural insensitivity https://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-travel-hawaii-cultural-awareness-20190421-story.html #hawaii #history #travel #tourism
To mark the 20-year anniversary of #TheMatrix, watched it tonight with our youngest. @mrshawaii and I were impressed at how well it holds up (it may be even more timely today). Our son was amused by how many memes he recognized from the film. https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/best-1999-movies-best-year-film/#Matrixat20
The Wall Street Journal called the Honolulu Rail Transit project a "$9 billion debacle." The first overdue phase may open next year, and some doubt it'll make it into downtown Honolulu. But it's still being built. Ride along the route as it stands today. https://youtu.be/6PqlXDczYPE #honolulu #railtransit #Kiewit #Shimmick #Ansaldo
One thing is certain. If you bought one of those novelty "It's Mueller time!" T-shirts, this weekend may be the last time you can wear it and still look timely and clever.
Then the question becomes, will it be like wearing a U.S. Men's Hockey 1980 Olympics shirt (remembering a great triumph), a New Orleans Saints 2018 Super Bowl t-shirt (a defiant declaration of what should have been), or a Bernie Bro 2016 T-shirt (just plain sad)?
Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz quote tweets Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, and everything looks like a commercial for #Mastodon lately. https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1107398608033218560?s=21
"From 1985 to 2009, the average size of an American’s social network—defined by the number of confidants people feel they have—has declined by more than one-third. We may have hundreds of friends on Instagram, but evidence is mounting that those connections are not the ones that provide us the social balm we need, which is human contact." https://qz.com/1570179/how-to-make-friends-build-a-community-and-create-the-life-you-want/?utm_source=parIC&cid=sf01002 #community #socialmedia